The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Challenge Number One

The first challenge we are having is travel.  We had to go about 5 to the VA today to get Elder Anthony set up for his medication. That little jaunt took about 40 minutes. Going to the temple today another 4 miles away took about another 40 minutes. We did have a tornado warning and rain that about washed out the streets and the car but 4 miles. Then we had about another 4.5 miles to get back to the center and it took 45 minutes.  I think that is just the way it is going to go and we just have to adjust our expectation. We did enjoy the temple. I have never been inside the Washington D C temple. It is a huge temple. Inside the entrance is a huge mural of the second coming. It causes you to stop and stand in amazement it is so big.  I will look forward to going back.


2 comments:

  1. I love that temple! It is enormous. It has such a great visitors center too. Some day, take a minute to stand in the stairwell when it is filled with light. Wow. Also, in one of the hallways is a little gold frame with words from the dedicatory prayer that I have written in my scriptures. I loved it so much. Sorry for the crazy traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have brought your bikes. You would get around much more quickly.

    ReplyDelete