The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Friday, October 17, 2014

First 5 Day in the mission field.

As we come to a close of our first week a short evaluation is in order.  Following the missionary schedule has been wonderful. We are getting more sleep than we have had in years.  To sleep in until 6:30 has been a great blessing.  After 10 years of getting up at 4:30 this has been a blessing.  We are not walking around dragging half the day. We get between 7 1/2 and 8 hours.  We have a gym in the building we live in and we can exercise 10 minutes longer than when we were home.  I love having an hour in the morning to just study the scriptures.

It has been wonderful for us to be on the same page.  For the first time in our married life our work is the same.  It isn't Elders Anthony work and my work, it is our work.  It is great to play off each other's ideas.  

It is amazing to have only one concern, doing our assignments.  I feel like we have dropped about 10 balls that we were trying to balance.  I feel so much less stress than I have felt in years. It is not that we don't have time commitments and responsibilities we are not going two different direction.  People are grateful for the service we render. I love the mission field. 

2 comments:

  1. Boy, you've talked me into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you survived those 10 years getting up at 4:30am!

    ReplyDelete