The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Tuesday

We have been going all day. This will be brief because it is 10:16 and we are ready to go to bed. We had a staff meeting this morning. Our S and I coordinator is back in town. It was a great meeting and I believe that we have the same vision.  We are excited to work with Brother Cottle.  After our meeting we headed to the temple. I wanted to get some rolls for our class tonight and I didn't want to take a loan out to go to the corner maket.  Lisa sent Elder Anthony some names that need to have temple work done.  There were 15 names. The temple always gives you 5 to do. They had me do 6 initiaories. I waited for Elder Anthony in front of the huge mural in the lobby.  It is the picture of the Savior's return. Did you know the Washington temple is in that picture. I ended up sitting there read the scriptures for well over an hour. Finally elder Anthony came out looking like a drowned rat.  He was the only patron so he did all 15 names. That was wonderful. We made our Wal Mart run and then had a little dinner at home and headed over to finish our preparation for class tonght. I was sad that our class was smaller than last week but the class went well. The soup and rolls went over GREAT.  One young lady Andrea came for the first time. When I told her I hoped we would see her again she said probably not I work late but I asked to get off early and I am so glad I came. She said the class was wonderful and the soup was so good.  She had not eaten since morning and she didn't have time to go home to eat before classes.  It makes the extra effort worth it when you see how hungry these kids are.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, caught up on your blog. Sounds like dad is missing your bed.
    It also sounds like you are going to have a lot of left overs or else you will have a lot of meals you can use more than once. That would be so hard to cook and not have any clue how many people will show up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a tall order -- feed everyone spiritually AND physically!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those kids are so lucky to eat your food!

    ReplyDelete