The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Living the Dream

We tried to get to the temple earlier this morning so we could get back and get some work done before we taught this evening.  Washington temple only has sessions on the hour until after five and then they are every half hour.  We got there just after the hour so we went and did sealings today.  As we were sitting in the temple and we were reflecting on our good friends the Loveless' Elder Anthony said, I am sure they had dreams and ambitions that will not happen for them since Randy died.  Then he looked at me and said you know we are living our dream right now.  Our mission is something we dreamed about happening, something we prepared to do and now it has come to pass.  We are living a dream we have had for over 40 years.

I haven't driven the car since we sold the Subaru.  We are always together.  So I said you know I can't go for two year and not drive or I will lose the ability to drive.  It has been two months since I last drove.  So last week on the way to the temple I drove from our class to the temple which took me right through down town.  I haven't forgotten how to drive.  But it is crazy driving.

Our class tonight went really well.  We never have as many as I would like to see come but it was a good class. We are getting close to some of our students.  When I worked I had about 180 students per semester.  Now we teach together about 25.  That is really different but we don't have any discipline problems.  You also spend as much time preparing a lesson for 5 as you do for 105.  We feel blessed to be a part of this work.  

4 comments:

  1. We felt that same feeling while we served. It came much sooner than we had planned. It put us on a fast track to be ready to go and now that it's behind us, it feels once again, like we lived our dream for a wonderful 18 months. Sadly it can never be reclaimed with the same people and experiences so you have to savor every day of that dream to the fullest. Good luck driving in DC. It sounds like Jerusalem driving. Crazy! It took me three months to even give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo Jan's comment. This, right now, is a once in a lifetime experience that will soon be the end of a beautiful dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's crazy for us kids to see you guys living your dream too. We have heard you talk about it our whole lives and now it is here. Live it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't drive for 18 months and was able to come home and drive a car. No worries!

    ReplyDelete