The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sunday

We made it to Church with no hitches this week. In fact we were an hour early. We had a wonderful fast meeting. I can not believe how big our singles ward is. We fill the entire chapel and half of the cultural hall.  They have a ton of activities.  Each first Sunday is joint home evening. We will have a Jewish rabi speak to us tomorrow. Our bishop has been the bishop for seven years. He is an amazing man.  We meet with the missionary committee after church each week. By the time we get home from church it is almost time to have our next four students for Sunday dinner. Eating with a person breaks down barriers. We are developing a special bond with the students. I had a young lady in my office this week that just needed to talk.  She was crying and needed someone to listen to her.  I was glad I was there when she needed to vent.  I have done the same meal each Sunday. I throw in a roast, potatoes, carrots, in the crockpot and add corn and gravy. It is ready when we get home and everyone seems to enjoy it. We have gotten through 12 students. After we had dinner together it was time for the CES Devotional tonight. I had the ginger snap cookies I made earlier for Halloween, mint chocolate brownies, and chocolate chip cookies and two gallons of milk. I squirled away a few mint brownies for our class tomorrow but every thing else was eaten. Elder Anthony kept saying you are making to much we will have a ton left over. When we cleaned up he kept saying I can't believe they ate everything. We had 30 in attendance.  I pulled out my coat today. It was windy and cold. It will be 39 degrees tonight. I am not ready for the cold. 





This is our ward building.


I love seeing the American flag in the chapel.

5 comments:

  1. Your ward building looks pretty. I'm excited to hear all about your experiences. Sounds like you're off to a fabulous start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to know I have a blog to check out every day with new news and updates. Thanks for staying ahead of this. It will hopefully be an invaluable journal book when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful building. I can't believe how much cooking your mission involves. I hope there is a budget for all that food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they need to give you some kind of budget for feeding all these kids. I can't imagine what you food bill is looking like right now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky kids! I bet they love having a good home cooked meal with you guys.

    ReplyDelete