The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Little Rain Cloud

There has been a little rain cloud over my head today since I read the Loveless blog and learned that they were taking the ventilator off of our friend Randy.  Not that we disagree but we know it will not be long now before he passes away.  Our families have been tied together for many years.  Marie and Randy were second parents to Lisa.  We have served with them and we love them.  We can't give Marie a hug and tell Randy good-bye.  But the tears have flowed easily today as we mourn for our friends.

We knew today that nothing could happen until the lock guys came to fix the locks.  One of the interns told us that every day DC cupcakes offers one featured cupcake for one hour each day for free.  So we walked down to the Georgetown DC cupcake place and got a strawberry chocolate cupcake for free.  These little cupcakes cost 3:25 each.





Two key guy showed up just after 9 today.  They had thought they would be done around 1.  They left at 5:00.  We were stuck there all day long.  Elder Anthony over saw the project and worked on next Monday's lesson. I got my office and all the files cleaned up and organized how I wanted them.  Elder Anthony wanted to go through the building and try every door before they left.  The FM guy said I am sure they have done the work okay.  We had 6 students whose keys no longer worked and Elder Anthony got those reissued. I came home and got some dinner and took him over something to eat.  But we had one young lady that could not get in her room and our keys that open all the doors couldn't get her in so she is sleeping at our condo tonight because she is homeless you could say.  The lock guys promised to be out by 9 tomorrow.

We had a senior missionary fireside tonight with Elder Katcher of the 70.  We were thirty minutes late getting there because we couldn't get out.  Just as we were driving out the student that  oversee things got locked out so I ran in while Elder Anthony waited in the car to open his door.  He wasn't there so I opened his door and grabbed a book so the door would not lock again.  I ran down and called to tell Avram his door was opened and he was locked the stair wells.  So I ran back in to get him out.  We didn't hear our mission president speak but Elder Katcher was inspiring. He used a verse from 3 Nephi 5:13.  I am a disciple of Jesus Christ and I am called to declare this word. He said if you are doing your best you are acceptable to the Lord.  I am surprised at how many missionaries are on repeat missions.   I didn't know but one of the mission couple in our mission had their son die today.  Elder and Sister Gallespe.  My heart was already heavy thinking about Randy Loveless and I could help crying for these people I didn't really know.  What a roller coaster day.

2 comments:

  1. If Elder Katcher is still there ask him to tell you about his service in the middle east.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for Elder and Sister Gallespe as well. I can only imagine how difficult that would be for a parent to see their child pass away.

    ReplyDelete