The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veterans Day

They call the two and a half mile stretch from the Capitol to the Lincoln Memorial the mall.  Tonight at the mall they are prepared for 800,000 people to come to a concert with different arts performing for Veteran Day. Because Veterans Day is a federal holiday many of the interns didn't have to work today. We should have cancelled class for tonight because we had one person come. The rest of the interns went to the free concert. We spent a fair share of today getting ready for class. I guess we will be a ready for next week. We sat and visited with our one student and she got to eat the potatoe bar we had planned. We will also do the same food for next weeks class. 

The most productive thing we did today was to walk to the hair cuttery to invite the girl that cut my hair to go with us on Saturday to the Ward Thanksgiving pot luck dinner. I took an envelope with me with an invitation in case she was working. She was so I just left the invite. I hope she will call me.


1 comment:

  1. That's so hard to put that much time and effort preparing a lesson and meal, and then only have one person show up. I am so sorry!

    ReplyDelete