The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Last D&C lesson for the year

We taught our last D&C class for this year.  We will teach our last New Testament lesson for this year on Monday and then we break for the students to go home for Christmas.  We are going to decorate for Christmas tomorrow at the Barlow Center.  One of our interns and I have gotten to be really good friends.  She came down and we talked for over an hour.  We will have interns starting to leave tomorrow and Saturday.  We are really going to miss our interns.  It will be lonely without them around.

These are our interns all together.  We are missing one of our young ladies. 

These are our adopted interns.  They do not live at the Barlow Center.  Colby is the young man that is black.  He just joined the Church before we came out.  He is a student from California going to Howard University.  Crystal in pink is a nanny in the area.  Sarah is an intern going to University of Pennsylvania.The other three boys are interns from the University of Utah.  These kids all hang out with the BYU interns.  They are one big happy family.   

Those who know me well know that I have a nice collection of nativities.  I wanted to get one that we could use this year and next year that we could take home with us to remind us of our mission.  Here it is.  It is from Willow Tree.  I really love it.  To me it is not a Christmas without a nativity. A home is not decorated without a nativity.  I really like this nativity. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure loosing all these students reminds you of loosing your Seminary students each year, but think of all the new ones you'll get to meet soon. Think of all the lives you'll be touching while you are there & all the new friendships you've made. I have two different Willow Tree nativities, but not that one. I love nativities also & love putting them up each year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Willow Tree nativity, they are beautiful. Looks like you will be ready for a new group of interns!

    ReplyDelete