The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Sunday, December 21, 2014

New Opportunities

When you serve a mission you do things that you have never done before.  Today was one of those days.  After we arrived home from Church we were starving as usual and ready to eat.  We didn't have students to feed and we had a simple quiet meal together.  After dinner we had decided that today I would stay down and try and give my knee a chance to heal. So after dinner I put on some warm comfortable clothes got a throw and put over me and read.  Any one that knows me well knows it is hard to hold me down to just read.  I usually start reading and I think of dozen of little projects that I need to get done or people that need to be called.  Most everyone that we are around (young adults) have left or are leaving for Christmas this week.  There was nothing demanding my attention and I curled up on the coach and read. I am reading the biography of Bruce R. McConkie by his son Joseph Fielding McConkie.  Who would have thought that a mission would provide the setting for me to be able to just sit down and read for pleasure.  That is embarrassing to admit to those that regularly devour books.  Sitting still has always been a hard thing for me to work in.  I liked it.


3 comments:

  1. I've read that biography and also his unauthorized biography by Dennis B. Horne. Both were very enjoyable. I wish I could sit and read. You are being blessed -- ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to catch up on all your doings. Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with your knee. I know Russ and I have days where we feel like we are 90… and then we ask ourselves how are we going to feel in 10-15 years. Glad you get a little time to relax before the next set of students arrive. Glad Dave got to watch some football:) Our boys arrived home Sat. so we're enjoying time with them. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure you are on a mission?

    ReplyDelete