The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Monday, December 8, 2014

We are out of Lehi Roller Mill flour.

It is almost and 10:00 and we are just getting in for the night.  It has been a busy day.  We started off with a staff meeting which happens every Monday morning.  We rushed to get pizza and then to our Monday class.  We go by metro. it was so cold today with the wind blowing and the temperature at 36.  We are trying to get a consensus on how to decorate the Barlow Center.  I feel that we need something on the outside to show the community that celebrate the Christmas season.  And I think we need a nativity inside to show people that come into the building that we are Christians and celebrate the birth of our Savior.  We have to get the three heads together that hold the purse strings to okay this so we can move on our ideas.  We Got home from teaching and workmen showed up at the Barlow to work so Elder Anthony stayed at the Barlow Center to over see and answer questions that they might have.  Our building is having a Christmas party together at noon tomorrow and I had a request for orange rolls. I also thought I would do cinnamon rolls for our class tomorrow evening.  It is our last class with the interns.  I went to the condo to work on the rolls and put the final touches on our lesson for tomorrow.  I got the rolls done but I didn't finish getting the lesson ready.


We went to family home evening tonight.  This was the final family home evening and a member of our bishopric came and provided pizza, soda and ice cream for the event.  They brought in 18 or 20 pizza's and there was not one piece left over.  We also tried to get a group picture.

We had a fun experience today.  Jake asked if we would join this lesson that he was teaching tonight via the phone.  He was teaching a lesson on missionary work and he wanted to let the students ask questions.  I don't know if we answered the way he wanted us to answer but there was a question that really stopped us in our tracks.  A young man asked what was the most outstanding experience we had had so far.  I really couldn't put my finger on an experience but what came to mind for me was the day we had our name tag put on us as we entered  the MTC.  As soon as the sister working pinned it on me I burst into tears.  She thought I was crying because I was leaving my family because she said now none of that.  I wasn't crying about leaving I was crying because I felt the spirit so strongly and I was so humbled to publicly wear the name of Christ.  We get so many reactions to our name tags.   I shared that I felt that was the most outstanding experience so far.  Missionary work is a lot of just everyday things.   If you think you are going to have super spiritual experiences all the time you are disappointed.  It is a joy to just do your job and hope that you will be guided by the spirit.  I shared with them a promise from my blessing when I was set apart.  I was promised that I would teach with greater power than I had previously done.  I have felt an added portion of the spirit for I am teaching as a representative of the Lord set apart to teach His gospel with His authority.  I have actually felt an added portion of the Spirit.  It is after our bed time and we have a big day tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. It will be hard to focus on the lesson with those delicious sweet rolls tempting everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, we hope your next purchase of flour is in larger quantities than 1 Kg packages like we had in Israel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake was so pleased with how you did. Thanks for being willing to do that!

    ReplyDelete