Tuesday, March 31, 2015
After we went and did a sealing session. There was a lady there that had found some family names. She had finally found the mother's name and found the couple had 8 sons and several daughters. Today there was a family reunion in heaven. I can't imagine how that mother and father must have felt to have their family sealed together. It brought tears to my eyes.
We had granola for our treat tonight after our institute class. I keep getting worried that the young adults will think some of my ideas are strange but I never get a complaint. I think they are just hungry. Our class only had 8 in but they are very consistent coming so that helps. It is such a pleasure to teach them.
We also had an electrician at our condo today. The plug for the microwave has been out. It wasn't a simple repair. It cost our landlord 319.00 dollars. They had an open house in our building the other day for a unit that is up for sell. We wanted to see it. The cost 500,000.00 or to put it into words a half million dollars. The unit was smaller than the one we live in. It was 736 square feet. The condo fee on it was 650.00 dollars a month. We walked in and it was old and needed upgrades so badly. One room and one bathroom. It had the same terrible view ours has but it had old cabinets and counter tops and really needed some care. I wouldn't have paid 95,000.00 for it. That was shocking.
Adam was nice enough to go by our house and check out our sprinkler system today. As a landlord we are going to have to pay for a sprinkler repair man to come out and do some work. What goes around comes around.
Monday, March 30, 2015
This blog entry reminded me of a part of President Uchtdorf's talk. Maybe we get so use to seeing our own sins that we don't notice that we need to change. He said, "none of us likes to admit when we are drifting off the right course. Often we try to avoid looking deeply into our souls and confronting our weaknesses, limitations, and fears. Consequently, when we do examine our lives, we look through the filter of biases, excuses, and stories we tell ourselves in order to justify unworthy thoughts and actions.
Sunday, March 29, 2015
I love our young adult ward. I love singing the hymns with them because they sing them. I love our fast and testimony meetings because you can't get close to the pulpit to bear your testimony because there is line of people waiting. I love our classes because our teachers are well prepared and we have great gospel lessons.
In my note book I wrote down some quotes I loved from different testimonies today.
- General Conference is like meeting with old friends.
- Nephi's catch phrase was nevertheless. Nevertheless means in spite of that. Nevertheless I will still do the will of God. May we have more nevertheless moments in our lives.
- Christ doesn't ask us to have a perfect knowledge of Him. He just asked us to have faith and trust Him.
- Today is anniversary of Palm Sunday. I want to stand and praise my God. Hosanna to the king.
- If I can't hear His words I can still speak them. If I can not feel his touch I can still reach out to others. I am just one voice but so was Christ.
- Remember to keep God close. No matter how far you excel always keep God close because He is the one that has gotten you there.
- A village depended on rain for their crops to live. The village had a drought so the people decided to fast and pray for rain. They gathered at church to show their faith and the minister started in on the people for having such little faith. They were surprised because they were fasting and praying and felt that would show God their belief in Him to bring rain. The minister said if you really had faith you would have brought your umbrellas.
- Charity Never Faileth. As long as we are serving with love or charity are efforts will never fail.
|Andrea is one of our sweet friends that is moving back to Utah on Tuesday. She has been in our institute class the last two semesters. We are going to miss her so much and her faithfulness. Andrea comes from the Philippians.|
|We are on the welcoming committee in the ward. This is part of our committee.|
Saturday, March 28, 2015
|The museum is really cool. There is so many artifacts. The war was only 152 years ago. It only lasted three days.|
|This house was there when the fighting happened. There is an unexplored cannon ball by the window.|
|There is a code. If a horse has all four feet on the ground the person on the horse lived. If one foot is up he was wounded if two feet are up he died. So this statue honoring who ever died.|
|I think our tour guide said there where 1300 monument in the park. I think about every state has a monument in the park honoring their people that fought.|
|You can't see the flame but there is a constant flame honoring the dead.|
|A cannon facing up shows where an officer had a command post. If it is black it is a Union post if green like this one it is a confederate post.|
|General Lee Confederate Genernal|
|Actual picture taken after the battle. The two armies suffered between 46,000 and 51,000 casualties. Union casualties were 23,055 (3,155 killed, 14,531 wounded, 5,369 captured or missing),] while Confederate casualties had as many as 28,000 Confederate casualties,documents 23,231 (4,708 killed, 12,693 wounded, 5,830 captured or missing). Nearly a third of Lee's general officers were killed, wounded, or captured. Over 3,000 horse carcasses were burned in a series of piles south of town; townsfolk became violently ill from the stench.|
|General Meade Union General|