The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Cooking/Conference

I started off this morning having a bake day.  I made a double batch of cinnamon rolls.  We are invited to a professors house in the morning for brunch before conference.  He teaches at Georgetown and invites the LDS each April to come to his home.  We are coming to invite them to take institute.  I asked him if I could bring something to contribute and he said yes bring your cinnamon rolls.  I also made snickerdoole cookies a double batch.  I put together a little treat for our neighbors for Easter.  I didn't have time to make them something so I had just bought some candy and invited them to watch a Mormon message on the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

We then went to the Barlow to watch conference.  We came home in between to eat our dinner.  Conference starts here at 12, 4, and priesthood was at 8.  We had ice cream Sundays for the young men to eat before the session started.  I also sat through priesthood meeting because my companion was there and I wanted to be there and hear the brethren speak.  Pres. Uchtdorf said why are you here tonight?  My answer is I really want to  hear the word of the Lord.  I love the Spirit and the inspiration you feel. I love conference.  I really liked Elder Renlund talk.  He said no failure is final.  The moment we commit to try again the atonement goes to work in our life.  His formula evaluate -repent-keep trying-forgive  others.  If we stop evaluating where we are  LDS quitters.  If we stop repenting we are LDS sinners.  If we criticize others we are LDS hypocrites.  I can't wait for tomorrow.

Cinnamon rolls

Our Easter treat and invitation to watch a Mormon message on the resurrection. 

Two trays of snickerdoodles.  




5 comments:

  1. Some of the greatest missionary work you are doing seems to be with your neighbors. Good job with all the cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was planning to make rolls for conference...I settled to just bake up some pillsbury dough. I am so thankful for this weekend. I can't believe how much I love conference weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about making cinnamon rolls, but it only lasted a few minutes because then I started thinking about everything else I need to make. I would love to eat one of your rolls and cookies right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to give your neighbors a little Easter treat. You are reminding me that I haven't made conference cinnamon rolls yet. How could I forget??

    ReplyDelete
  5. We settled for the refrigerator cinnamon rolls. The easter treat is a good idea, love that.

    ReplyDelete