The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Teaching

This morning we left early for our regular temple day.  We were on the 8:00 session.  The Elders asked me Saturday if I would teach how to more effectively read the scriptures.  They asked me in Feb. to do a similar training.  I agreed to go.  It was held in the Stake center right next to the temple so we were already there.  I said I will teach on one condition.  I don't have to bring food.  I can come and just teach.  They started laughing and said Sister Anthony that is a great idea bring some food.

Sunday I fed 9 extra people.  Sunday night I provided refreshments for the World Wide Broadcast and fed 38, Monday night I had refreshments for Home Evening and fed about 38 people, to night I had refreshments, and tomorrow night I have refreshments.  We made a Costco stop after the temple before we went to the training to purchase the things I needed for the refreshments for tonight.  I also got the refreshments at the same time for Bro. Cottles class tomorrow night. So if it meant I had to bring refreshments I would not have done the training.

The training went really well.  I think the missionaries benefited from being there. One thing I really liked was the council that Elder Bednar gave to have more effective scripture study: Pray for understanding and invite the help of the Holy Ghost, Work, Be consistent, and ponder.  I think the most important step is to be consistent.

Tonight we had our first class with our new Barlow interns.  We were pretty much blown away to have 28 students in attendance.  That is the biggest class we have had.  I realize that as the semester goes on that will probably go down but it was great to have that many.  The spirit was strong and it was an edifying experience.  I really do love teaching the gospel.  I love working with the youth.  We always get home late when we teach at night.  We have gone from 7 this morning until 10 tonight and only stopped for dinner so I am ready to go to bed.    

3 comments:

  1. I hope you are getting reimbursed for some of your expenses for all this food. It makes me tired to read about all this food prep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I hope you are getting reimbursed for some of the expenses. Makes me tired too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you had so many students! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete