The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Friday, June 19, 2015

56 hour week

We have put in 56 hours of work these past five days.  We decided to leave at 2:30 today.  We needed a little break today.  We left caught a bus and went to use the coupons we had for McDonald's.   It was great to eat some junk food.  We don't do that very often.  We even got an ice cream cone.  We walked to Safeway two miles away to pick up some specials.  We came home and did laundry and relaxed.

We have a new student coming in tomorrow.  I was getting ready to have him come.  We needed a fire alarm today.  It was beautiful weather out and even some of the offices workers came out to get fresh air.  Elder Anthony and Susana got some of the old equipment pulled down off of the walls in the back class rooms and hauled it out to her truck.  Elder Anthony started patching holes in the wall.
I was working on my presentation for Wednesday and then I went to exit and I didn't save it and lost my work.  That always makes you want to scream.   We are grateful for all the good things that are happening around us.

2 comments:

  1. Good to catch up on what's going on with you. Hope you've solved your bed bug issue. We had chiggers in Oklahoma and they are the worst!! As you talk about your weekly experiences I can picture them in my mind now that we've been there:) Have you heard anything from Hazel? Keep up the good work! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice cream always makes your day go better.

    ReplyDelete