The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Monday, June 8, 2015

Subdue your thoughts, your body, your will

I have really been enjoying rereading the conference talks.  I read one or two each morning.  I know I was sitting right there with note book listening to the talks but when I reread them I read things I know I didn't hear.  This was really a cool thought from Elder Joseph W. Sitati's conference talk called Be Fruitful, Multiply, and Subdue the Earth. He said that,  "to subdue the earth and have dominion over every thing is to control these things so they fulfill the will of God as they serve the purposes of His children.  Subduing includes gaining mastery over our own bodies.  It does not include being helpless victims of these things or using them contrary to the will of God." That really caught my attention.  I need to learn to subdue my own body.  I have gained almost 10 pounds which makes me really mad.  I have not learned to subdue my own appetite.

We can never quite figure out our Monday class.  It varies so much it is hard to know how much food to bring.  Today we had the largest class we have ever had twelve people came.  I remember when we first started we had less than that to our main Barlow class.  Yet next week we may have 4 or 5.  We always run out of food when that many come.

We left tonight at 4:30 and we had decide to go for a walk.  We came home and changed our clothes and got walking shoes on. Just as we were coming out a huge wind storm came up.  We were told that there was a tornado warning in the area.  It burst out raining like crazy.  We hurried back into our condo and we were grateful we didn't get caught unprepared because 15 minutes earlier the weather and the sky's were great.


When we came up to the condo I grabbed my camera and took a picture of the building in the alley.  The water was just pouring our of a drain spout.  Washington weather is really strange and hard to predict. 



1 comment:

  1. I think you are too hard on yourself. You do subdue your appetite pretty well.

    ReplyDelete