The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Friday, July 3, 2015

President Packer Dies

President Packer and  President Thomas S. Monson, who is 87 were ordained an apostle in 1963, represent a distinct, closing era in church history: The new senior member of the Quorum of the Twelve, Elder Russell M. Nelson, was ordained an apostle in 1984. I was 10 years old when Pres. Packer was ordained.  I have listened to him speak in conference my whole life.  He was so much younger  than others of the twelve when I was 10.  I loved to hear him speak.  He is a great teacher and I will miss him boldly declaring the doctrines of the Church.  I heard once that he was one of the most quoted of all the general authorities.  I don't know if that is true but I have quoted him so often.  I will always quote him.  His teachings will live on.  I will miss him.  Besides Pres. Packer was a seminary teacher.  His book Teach Ye Diligently is a book I own and study from.  



1 comment:

  1. I was so sad when I hear the news today. A great man has passed away.

    ReplyDelete