The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Revelation

We are getting ready to teach the Book of Revelation for the last two weeks of the semester.  I have been reading solid for the past two days trying to brush up on it.  I learn more each time I teach this book.  It is one of my favorite books to teach.  To do 11 chapters in one lesson is going to take a huge balancing act and a lot of work.

We stopped at about 10:30 and took the Metro to Capitol Hill.  Two of our very most faithful students for our Monday class have not come out for the past three weeks so we decided to find them at work and see what was going on.  One of the young men we went to see works in Jason Chaffetz office.  So we walked in to find him and ran right into the Congress man getting ready to go to a meeting and we had a picture taken with him. We are actually in his district at home. I voted for this man and I am pleased with what he is doing.

We did get to talk to our student after he got a couple of things done for the Congressman.  Then we went to Congressman Labradors office and got to see our other young man.  They have been out of town and assure us they will be back to class on Monday.

We had a little farewell party for one of the interns up in Public Affairs today.  So that was fun. Ice cream and goodies are always fun to eat.  I had a lady contact me today that wants to take our place when we leave.  I told her we were not going for 13 months but she and her husband really want our assignment.  They have been mission presidents.  We had a nice visit.

Elder Anthony has been working on an operation manual for the Barlow.  Scott really wants him to write one.  Then we came home and worked on laundry and read some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment