The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Think before you speak




I sat by a Spanish lady on the bus on Sunday and she was so proud to tell me that she was retired and that she lifted weights and did zumba and climbed stairs in her home.  She criticized her friends that complained about aches and pains as if they would do the same they would be like her. I reminded her of how blessed she was.  It is important to count our blessings and not judge other.  If you don't know how they feel or what limitation they have.  So the lesson I learned was not being judgmental and to remember where our blessings come from.  As I sat by her I thought if I tried to do zumba my knees would be done for and my back would scream in pain.  We do the best we can but we are fighting some limitation.  You can't see anothers pain. I am grateful for the things I can do and I try not to complain about the things I can't.  So think before you speak. 

I call this guy the thinker man.







We talked Scott into having standard issue sheets, blanket and pillowcase.  They arrived late so we couldn't use them last semester.  So we got them all pulled out and organized today. Each of the pillowcases has a blanket in, a top sheet and bottom sheet.  Only the pillowslip are numbered and each student has to return their things back to us.  If they lose them they will be charged for them.  We finished the laundry and got these shorted.

2 comments:

  1. That is an FANTASTIC idea. I need that around here. Definitely agree with your comments about walking in someone's shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a much better idea than having people haul them there and back. I hope it will make things easier.

    ReplyDelete