The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Labor Day Weekend Sunday

I love the Sabbath day.  We got all our interns at the bus stop and took over a bus.  On the way one of our interns invited a black guy to come to church.  He came.  It was fast and testimony meeting and he got up and bore his testimony.  I think he has accepted Christ.  He said for 37 years he drank, did drugs and lived on the streets.  He said he had been sober for 18 months and he is no longer homeless.  He talked about how Christ had helped him.  He stayed for the whole meeting schedule and the missionaries met him.  He participated in priesthood and had a good time.  He is too old for our ward but it will be interesting to see if the fullness of the gospel is his next step.

We came home and I made dinner and then a 16 quart pot of taco soup for home evening tomorrow.  I hope it is going to be enough.  Every time I turn around I find more are coming. A member of our bishopric is going to come by to get a feel for our students and he said he would bring a couple of his kids.  I guess when we are out we are out.  I told them it would be a light supper.  So hopefully with the chips and cheese it will fill people up.  There is no budget to help with home evening.  I think I can add a little more water to it.

2 comments:

  1. WHAT!!! You cooked that much food for FHE and they don't pay for it?! You are nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so nice, that is a lot of soup!

    ReplyDelete