The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Sunday, December 6, 2015

A Glimps into our Purpose

Today we had a special experience.  We have worked really hard to include the University of Utah and Utah State interns in with the BYU interns and the local schools around here, George Washington, Georgetown, Howard University, Montgomery and Howard University.  We have had a couple of the U of U girls in our Monday institute class.  One girl told me how much she loved institute.  She admitted that she didn't really enjoy institute at the U and didn't go.  I tried to get her to promise me that she would go when she returned.

She came to us and was talking to us about some really hard decision she has to make and her discouragement right now.  I felt like I should ask her if she wanted a blessing from Elder Anthony.  She said, "Yes.  I wanted to ask but I kept thinking I can do this on my own but I really would like a blessing."  We went to a quiet room in the church and she poured out her heart to us about the challenges she is facing and then Elder Anthony gave her a very powerful blessing.  When he finished she was in tears and she said, "There is no way for you to know this but some of the things you told me are in my patriarchal blessing."  She looked at us and said, "I have felt that you were here for me.  I needed you in my life.  I know it isn't so but I feel like you are serving here for me."  I had a really strong impression that she was one of the reasons we were here. We were here to reach out to young adults that passed through this way and we were fulfilling the purpose for which we had been called.  I pray that we can continue to fill that need.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure that will be a highlight of your mission that you'll remember.

    ReplyDelete