The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Keeping the Barlow Up

There is a lot of work keeping the Barlow in good shape. We started off meeting a guy that is putting some melter unites on the roof.   I finished inspecting all the rooms today and making the list of things that needed to be done.  We have a list from the students with things like slow drains.  Each semester Scott from BYU who is over this program comes and inspects every room.  My goal is to do the inspection before he comes and find the problems so when he comes he won't find anything.  It is like a game we are playing.  So far I haven't been able to have a perfect record but I keep trying.  The list was so long that we are starting the list knowing Susana can not get everything done on time. We are hoping she will get the plumbing things done. Elder Anthony worked on wood chips, fixing dents and scratches in the walls, and wood touch up.  He also  did wall repairs and did paint touch up. I worked on marks on the stainless steel shelves in the bathroom and carpet spots that didn't come up with the deep cleaners.  My new cleaning product Bar Keepers Friend did a wonderful job of cleaning the metal shelves.  I went and bought some acetone to clean up glue on the carpet and to get some sticky hooks off the walls.

Everyone in the office is off for the rest of the week so we will be alone tomorrow.  Missionary don't get vacations from work with the exception of Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. If you can't get a perfect cleaning record, I don't know who can.

    ReplyDelete