The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Tuesday Temple

It was so fun to go the temple early this morning.  We got to see all of our old temple friends.  We always made the 8 o'clock session until we started teaching at the Stake center on Tuesday nights.  Then we switched to the 2 o'clock session.  So it was fun to see those that are still faithfully going or serving on Tuesday mornings.

I was glad to be at the temple today.  My mother had a mini stroke on Sunday evening.  When I tried to talk to her last night I really couldn't understand much of what she was saying.  Deep down I have hoped that she would still be there when we finish our mission.  I know that isn't her desire but I have hoped.  I keep her name on the prayer roll of the Washington temple.  Today in the prayer it was asked that the faith of those people would be realized if it was the Lord's will.  I thought about the faith of my mother.  She has prayed for many many years that she would not be a burden on others.  This care center has allowed her to feel independent and given her the time she needed to read and think and ponder. I have prayed that the Lord would allow her to be released from this life gently.  That she could go quickly and not lay and suffer.  Today as I poured out my heart in the temple to the Lord I once again asked that her faithful requests for so many years be realized.  I asked that He would allow her to be independent and able to remain where she feels at home.  That she could maintain her dignity and be able to feel that she had not been a burden on anyone.  The conference talk I read the night before came to mind.  Elder Dallin H. Oaks, "Because of His atoning experience in mortality, our Savior is able to comfort, heal, and strengthen all men and women everywhere, but I believe He does so only for those who seek Him and asks for His help.  The Apostle James taught, 'Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up' (James 4:10).  We qualify for that blessing when we believe in Him and pray for His help."  Ensign, Nov. 2015  So I feel to ask that our Heavenly Father who gives good gifts allow my mother to be gently released from this life when he feels she is ready.

We worked in the Barlow the rest of the day.  I am so proud of the worst pan I had to clean and how nice it cleaned up.  Brother Walker from public affairs saw me scrubbing away yesterday and told me about a product that works well to clean stainless steal pans.  It works.



This was the worst pan.   I used oven off on it three times.  I left last night with oven off sitting in it.  Today is still didn't look great.  It was better but not great.  

This is the same pan.  It still took some elbow grease but it turned out looking beautiful again.  



Kimmy came to visit today for a Rootbeer Tuesday.  It is always fun to take a break, drink a little rootbeer and visit with her.  We have had some great tasting rootbeers.

I spent the evening working on article I want to write.  It is another crazy idea.  I taught a lesson on the Relief Society this past semester and it went over so well that Elder Anthony wanted me to write it up.  I am working on it.  I am not sure were it will go or what I will do with it.  Maybe it will go to my girls.

We got a picture of the seniors in our mission.  It is a picture that was taken at our Christmas party on Saturday.  Not all the seniors were there.




1 comment: