The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Burr


I got this great coat for Christmas.  Today was one of the coldest days we have had so far this winter.  It was 27 but it felt like 19 according to my app and I believe it.  It is hard to deal with the cold when you have to walk around in it.  We went to teach our Wednesday class in Columbia Heights.  We had only a few students. It was cold and the furnace wouldn't turn on so our room was freezing.  Everybody left their coats on. I took mine off while I taught.  Last night the room we were in didn't have heat so that is two nights in a row.  When we came home on the metro and on our walk home I used the hood for the first time.  I was toasty warm except for my legs and feet.  It might be time to get the leggens out and the high boots.  I was so happy with my new coat.


This is a picture with one of our favorite Sister Missionaries, Sister Hermosia. She has worked in our area twice on her mission.  I found this picture she sent me from Christmas.  

2 comments:

  1. Yes, we have had several days that cold and colder. I have some long black tights and dress boots and a coat with a hood and warm scarves. You need it all, especially where you have humidity mixed with your chill factors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not even cold! I actually walk around outside without a coat when it's around 27 degrees! You need to feel when it's in the single digits or lower; that's cold!

    ReplyDelete