The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Monday, January 18, 2016

Coldest Day

Today was the coldest day this winter, so far.  It is 17 degrees outside but with the wind chill factor my app says it is 3 degrees.  There was no desire today to leave the condo.  It was Martin Luther King day so we didn't teach because the government buildings are closed.  We did go out for a short walk but it was so cold that any exposed skin started to burn.

We were trying to catch up on our Book of Mormon reading so we read for over an hour together and then started on our lessons.  Some of these lessons are deep enough that it requires extra reading to make sure you understand the doctrine.  I am hoping I can read Jesus the Christ  along with the lessons we are teaching.

We had Home Evening tonight.  We are still in charge until the new committee is called.  I was so happy that Brother Barlow from the bishopric was there tonight to extend callings.  He got the Home Evening committee called.  I made the treats for tonight.  I made Lisa's ginger snap cookies and we put left over cream cheese icing between them and made a cookie sandwich.  They were really good but very rich.


It was also my mothers birthday today.  She is 93 and is going strong.  She is the best missionary I know.  No one come in to see her that she doesn't find out if the are LDS and if not offers them a Book of Mormon.  I wish I felt comfortable doing that right now.  



My sister had a birthday party for her on Saturday.  I wish I could have been there to give her a hug.  Ila thanks for hugging her for me.  

1 comment:

  1. That's a great picture of Ila hugging grandma.

    ReplyDelete