The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

The temple is closing

The temple is closing for two weeks.  When you have a routine it is hard when the temple closes and you have to break the routine.  It would be easy to get out of the habit.  Life just floods into the space reserved for the temple.  But my soul hungers to go home.  We are becoming well known to the afternoon temple workers now.  We use to go Tuesday morning and we knew the morning crew well.  Now we go before we teach so we are there in the afternoon. It was a good thing we were there today.  It is the smallest session I have ever been on.  Elder Anthony was the only man and there were three other ladies besides myself.  The size of the session doesn't matter or who is on the session.  What matters is the spirit you feel there and the service you render.  We did a double session today.  We did sealings as well.  When we sealed two brothers to their parents I got the distinct impression that they had been waiting for that blessing.  I just love the temple.

It was cold and raining all day.  So I am glad we didn't have to walk a lot today. We only had 5 show up for class.  I don't know if it was the rain or other commitments.  It was a great class but I wish we would have had more come out.

3 comments:

  1. Good to catch up on your life there. Glad you caught your mouse, but its true, usually if there's one mouse there's another! Sounds like your busy as usual. I got to go to the Kansas City temple with Kristy and it was so nice. I went to the Seattle Temple the week before and the session I was on had one brother and four sisters also.
    I sure wish we could make it out there one more time before you come home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our temple is closing this month too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you can do indexing while the temple is closed.

    ReplyDelete