The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Tornado Warning for Maryland

What a crazy rain storm.  It has been raining all day.  When we left to go teach tonight the rain had stopped and we felt pretty good that we had found the seam in the rain to go teach.  When we came up out of the metro in Colombia Heights it was a different story.  We have driven in some crazy rain storms but we have never walked in one.  We only had to go 2 blocks and we had rain coats on and umbrellas but we were drenched.  The coat protected my clothes but the bottom of my skirt was dripping with water.  My high boots didn't keep my feet dry but we were walking through some pretty deep water.  We got to the ward and I knew that we would not have a very good turn out to class.  The other mission couple came and they were all wet from walking in from the parking lot to the building.  I had a few students text me saying they couldn't make it and one came very late so we just visited with the other mission couple. When we knew the rain had stopped we left and came home.  I am not sure I have ever walked in such a heavy rain storm.



I tried to get a picture without opening the door very far.


2 comments: