The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Sunday, March 20, 2016

First Day of Spring

Today was the first day of spring but it was cold and raining.  We have had some really nice days but this wasn't one of them and this coming week looks colder.  Missionaries only have so many clothes.  I have 6 winter skirts and 6 summer skirts.  You wear them over and over again. I wanted to wear something more spring like but because it was cold I pulled one my wintry outfits.  Elder Anthony laughs at me.  I have on my 32 degree shirt, then my turtle neck pull over, then my sweater and I wear my coat.  He thinks I am crazy but I hate to be cold.  You can always take off a layer but a seldom do.

We had ward conference today.   So we started an hour later.  It was really good.  There was a story told there about a young lady that was seeing an LDS psychologist.  She had grown up in an extremely abusive home where she was abused physically, mentally, and verbally.  She found the church and ended up marrying a really good man.  But church was so hard for her.  She said she would have to get up and leave when she saw dads with their daughter in a loving relationship. She said she was grateful she had boys because it hurt so much to see good fathers interact with their daughters and she wondered what she had done wrong to be put in a home like she grew up in.  She was so sad to see others and wanted to know why?  The psychologist gave her a blessing one day and he saw in that blessing that she had agreed to take all the abuse that had been in that family and handed down from generation to generation and absorb it and not let it be passed on any longer.  That she told the Lord that she would go to that family and stop that practice.  It makes you wonder if we were aware of the hard things that would happen to us in our lives and if we agreed to that test in order to move the work of the Lord forward.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! The story of that woman is amazing. She must be one of Heavenly Father's strongest spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like cold either, do what you have to do to stay warm. I think there are some trials that we did agree on before we came here, knowing it is what we would need to get us back to Heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete