The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Monday, March 28, 2016

No Parking

In trying to get everything done yesterday I stay up way to late.  Today we were dragging. We woke up to cold and rain.  Later in the day it warmed up and we had some sunshine but I think that is going to be it for the next few days.  We didn't have our first two meeting this morning so I was able to finish getting my lesson ready.  I think we are both kind of wiped out but I am hoping to get to bed early tonight.  There was a lot of excitement going on this morning at the Barlow.  No one could park in the back until after noon.  They had a boom out there loading the new air conditioners up on the roof.  They have a couple more to put up tomorrow.






The new floor is coming to a completion in the next two days I hope.  

I took 497 pictures this weekend.  After we taught Elder Anthony worked over at the Barlow and I stayed in the condo so I could get them loaded on Facebook.  Our interns like to pick out pictures they like and add them to their albums.

Yesterday our Easter program was so well done.  I love the musical talents of the young people we serve with.  It is incredible. I love every week singing in sacrament meeting with these young people.  Singing brings the spirit into our meetings every time.   The Hymn we sang yesterday had these words in it, "No more can Satan harm us, Tho long the fight may be, Nor fear of death alarm us, We live, O Lord, thru Thee."  It hit me that because of Christ Satan has already lost.  He has been defeated.  I will in this life have to continue my own personal battle but I need have no fear of him because Jesus Christ has already won the victory.

As we were reading in the Book of Mormon a couple of weeks ago I had another thought hit me. Jacob says, "the time passed away with us, and also our lives passed away like as it were unto us a dream."  That is what I have felt many times as I have grown older.  It is like my life has been a dream.  It is passing so quickly.  I have no desire to go back and relive it but I am amazed at how fast the years pass.  I know the day will come quickly when we are back home wondering if we really did do all we have done here.  Or was our living in Washington DC just a dream.  

3 comments:

  1. I quoted that same scripture from Jacob in a Shalom letter as we said goodbye to our next-to-the-last group of students. When we see how quickly a mission passes we better appreciate how quickly life passes overall. The new floor looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things are sure coming along at the Barlow, looks great. I love your message at the end, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That floor looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete