The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Tender Mercies

The Lord is amazing how he accomplishes His work.  One of the young adults, Gavin, is from Sir Lanka.  He joined the church about a year and a half ago just shortly before we came out.  It has been been so fun to watch him grow.  He loves the church and I think he will be a major force for building the kingdom.  He has recently been to the temple.  He has tried to find a girl that he likes that likes him.  The ones that like him he hasn't liked.  He has done all in his power to find the right girl.  She had to love missionary work.  He flew to Utah hoping that he would find someone.  He goes to all the activities.  Well at Christmas he told the Lord he has done all in his power and the Lord needed to bless him to find the girl.  He went to the New Years Eve dance and there she was.  She asked him to dance.  He told us tonight that he is going ring shopping.

He is from Florida.  He has been trying to get his mother to go church.  She would not.  He took his girl friend down to meet his mother and they went to Mass and then his girl friend asked his mother to come to church with them she said yes and loved it. There are two lady missionaries teaching her and come to find out one of the sister missionaries is the sister to a young man in our ward here. Ben and Gavin are really good friends and Ben's sister is the one teaching his mother.  Gavin said I have been praying about how I could get my mother into the church and the Lord orchestrated it perfectly.  

We went to the chiropractor for Elder Anthony's back this morning and then we worked all day at the Barlow until time to leave to teach and have dinner.  Elder Anthony is doing two lessons together this week.  He has struggled with this lesson.  Tonight when he started I prayed and asked the Lord to help him. I committed I would do all in my power to make this lesson a success.  It was a great lesson.  I think everyone learned and were well rewarded for coming.

One of the greatest blessings of the day was the weather.  It was 75 today.  My heart felt like bursting.  I love the warmer weather.  I wore a flowered skirt to celebrate.

The remodeling is going well.  The mail boxes have been moved and they are getting ready to paint.

Mail boxes are now up in the hall instead of the lobby.








2 comments:

  1. That is a sweet story. I read Elder Holland's face to face comments online, along with Elder Hallstroms and the others. They were great

    ReplyDelete
  2. The night before Jake met me, he had been on his knees praying. He had "given up" as well. We met the next day in the temple. The Lord is merciful.

    ReplyDelete