The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Holding Hands

The steroid they gave Elder Anthony yesterday did have an effect today.  He was able to get some things done and walk without as much pain.  I think they are short lived pills but we will see.  We went to the temple this morning.  We normally sit and hold hands.  A man came up to me in the celestial room and said I want you to know watching you and your husband hold hands today made my day.  He is the fourth person to talk to us about holding hands.  Our postman was teasing us and said I saw you two holding hands.  You didn't seem me but I saw you.  We had a lady walk up to us in the street and say wow it looks so good to see people walking together holding hands.  Our neighbor across the hall said I saw you two holding hands.  It is so wonderful that you are such good friends.  So holding hands makes a statement.  I hope it shows how devoted we are to one another.  I hope it shows how much we love each other and that marriages after 40 years still work.

We have started checking students in.  I made cookies and banana bread tonight for a treat.  I woke up at 3:30 last night and I couldn't go back to sleep thinking about all the things that had to still be done.  I sent Susana a list of 6 things that needed to be done before Scott made his inspection tonight.  She got them all done.  We got home from the Barlow at 11:00 p.m. tonight. I am tired.  Our saying is that if you don't sleep well one night you will the next.  

3 comments:

  1. Hope the pills help his back longer than you expect, poor guy. That is great that people notice your hand holding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely sleep better the next night after a bad's night rest. I hope everything goes smoothly as you check in students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome that people have noticed and commented on you and dad holding hands. I am grateful you do it as well. :)

    ReplyDelete