The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Prayer

I have had a couple of interesting insights on prayer today.  I mentioned that our friend Jordan Romney Robertson lost her husband a week ago.  An event that has filled our hearts with sorrow.  She posted today her talk that she gave at her husbands funeral.  She said, "I can’t tell you how many times Jake prayed for you. In every prayer he offered he asked Heavenly Father to bless all those who are praying for him, with their needs and in their extremity. "

That has caused me to reflect on prayer. We have not  missed a day in probably a year or more of praying for Jacob Robertson. Unknown to us those prayers were blessing our own life.  I truly believe in praying for others and prayer.  I haven't seen a lot of great or instant miracles but I have seen the Lord's hand as I look back on my life.  We have seen three people that we consistently prayed for pass away while we have been on our mission.  I have to believe that our prayers were answered just not in the way we expected.

Today Brother Cottle gave Elder Anthony a priesthood blessing.  Once again I was touch by the words that were spoken.  To know that the Lord is pleased with our efforts and through the atonement of Jesus Christ will perform the miracle that is needed so we can complete the sacrifice that is being offered to His Church and Kingdom.

How many times do you have someone say pray for us.  The hope is that our prayers will penetrate the veil that separates us from our Heavenly Father and that healing will come as we work with the doctors and that the work that needs to be accomplished will be accomplished.  Our next hope is that all those that we continue to pray for will have the Lord's sustaining help.

2 comments:

  1. I put Dave's name on the prayer roll of the Draper Temple again today. We hope he can continue to serve and without such great pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for dad and have put his name on the prayer roll as well.

    ReplyDelete