The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Alarm Clocks

Last night Elder Anthony left at 11:30 to go find out what was happening to one of the new air-conditioning units.  It had gone out.  He climbed up on the roof at 11:30 in a light rain and reset the unit.  I went to the front desk and asked our night clerk if there was a package for me.

This morning I had to meet with a lady at 7:15.  Our alarm goes off at 6:30 a.m.  There are times I don't get right up especial if we have had an extra late night.  This morning there was no choice I hopped out of bed and into the shower.  Elder Anthony was right behind me.  We were dressed and ready to go when I checked my watch. It was 6:00 a.m.  My watch must have stopped.  I looked at the alarm clock it was 7:00 o'clock.  I got my cell phone out.  It was 6:00 a.m.  I must have hit the time zone button the morning before and turned our clock an hour ahead.  We were ready to go out the door at 6:00 a.m.  Elder Anthony had some electricians coming at 6 so we went over.  The night watchman was still there.  He said you two didn't much sleep last night.  By 9:30 this morning I had met with my lady got the conference under way and felt like I had a half of days work in.

Crazy Alarm clock.  Long day.

Tonight we had 26 in class.  That is really good for that class.  One young man shared about riding to work on the freeway.  He was listening to a talk from Sheri Dew and was enjoying it so much he drove by his exit.  He started to panic.  He would be late to work.  How could he get off the freeway and back on in rush hour and get their on time.  He quickly turned on his GPS to see if there was another way there.  The estimated time of arrival was 7:50.  He could make it.  When he was at work he had this thought.  I may go the wrong way at times but if I follow the Lord's course I will arrive at my destination at the estimated time of arrival.  I liked that.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you got up on time! Whenever you wake up late, it throws off your whole day!

    ReplyDelete