The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Friday, June 3, 2016

Can I help you!

We ran all day long.  We got over to the Barlow early this morning.  We got a call that the guys that were coming in to refinish the floor were there a half hour earlier.  We booked it over and put up signs stopping anyone from coming in and taped off the area.  The contractor for the project came and we were dealing with him when I had to leave because we promised professor Mecham that we would organize his class today going and conduct his activity.  We got the class going and ran around getting them ready to leave for their scavenger hunt.

We realized that we were short one award for the winning team.  So we booked it up to Captain Cookie and the Milk Jug to get 5 gift certificates for the winning team.   Before we got back to the Barlow I got a call that the men were there to deliver the two new ranges for the student kitchens.  I left Elder Anthony and walked as fast as I could without running and got there just as they were starting to unload.  These guys carried the boxed range to the top floor and then hauled out the old one.  Then back to the truck to get the other one.  I am running along side unlocking doors. When they started pulling out the second stove I said are you going to unbox them and plug them in.  They said no we just deliver besides you have to buy the electrical cord separate and have an electrician install it.  I said are you kidding me they sell an electric stove without the cord to plug it in.  I said well then I want to take the cords off the old units and I think we can install it. We can't wait a week for an electrician.  So they helped us take off the old cords and we had to get them out of the box and put the cords on.  They probably need new cords but the student could use the stoves tonight and we couldn't wait a week for an electrician.


We got those in and then one of our sick girls with the pulled muscle decided that she would try Elder Anthony's unit that sends electrical impulses.  So I ran back home to get the unit for her to try.  I just got in my office when I got a call that they were delivering one of the tables for the front entry.  But they couldn't go on the floor in the foyer so I was running around the building trying to get that in.  Then we had a postman come and I ran out the back to catch him and he left before I could get to him.  The students came back from their activity.  They were all so excited about their scavenger hunt through the city and the competition got out of hand.  People started insulting others and saying they cheated and we had a girl leave the room crying and the first place winners decided they didn't want to keep their prizes since people had hurt feelings so it kind of fell apart.  But we handed out the prizes.  About an hour later we had several come and apologize for acting so immature.

I tried to work on my lesson for this coming week today but I never got to set at my desk long enough to accomplish anything.  Oh, well there is always tomorrow.







3 comments:

  1. I can't believe how skinny dad is looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing again! There's never a dull moment for you guys! Dad is looking skinny!

    ReplyDelete