The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Pay Day

 We had the counselors in for the YMCA to see the building today.  They will use our building on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday so we will have some long days baby sitting the building.  We left the Barlow we thought at 12:00 to get lunch. As we walked out of the door the chandler for the new lobby arrived.  It was created in such a way that we couldn't get the box in the building.  So Elder Anthony stayed with Susana and got it out of the crate.  It was covered in wood and had to be unscrewed.    I came home to make lunch and watch the seminary and institute training meeting for the coming year.  They are always such great meeting.  It makes me want to be a better teacher.  Things are changing. It won't be scripture mastery but doctrinal mastery.  My mind starts thinking of how we could better do the things they counseled us on.  Then the realty hit that we only have 7 more lesson after this week to teach.  I wonder what the Lord will have in mind for us when we return.  I really love to teach and it is hard to imagine walking away from something I have loved doing for the past 14 years.

We went to the temple today and then over to the stake center to teach our Tuesday class.  When we got home I had some bills to pay and while working on them I got this email from one of our students.

Hi Brother & Sister Anthony,

I just wanted to thank you both for tonights lesson. It not only made me re-live my baptism (which included a flight from Texas by my grandmother, a blue felt journal, and a pair of super tight pony tails) but made me realize had I not been abused by step mom #2 I never would have met #3, I never would have met the friends I have made here, the singles ward, and the both of you. I appreciate all that you are doing. I admire you both. Sister Anthony, you always bring such an amazing spirit, and often have me on the verge of tears too. I have grown to not only love institute but the both of you. Thank you for all you do, and for that amazing granola! Yum. I will be out camping (woop woop) next Tuesday, and will possibly be leaving for Texas the following Tuesday. Either way, I will miss class just the same. Have a great night, may the spirit be with you and always keep you both safe.

~ S. Griffin

That was a really nice pay day.  

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful e-mail! It buoys you up and helps you realize you are doing the Lord's work.

    ReplyDelete