The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Temple Missionaries are very appreciative

Today I was exercising in the out work out room when I saw two men walk up to the front of the Barlow and try the doors.  Then they sat down to wait.  I knew it was the repairmen from Trane. They didn't specify a time they would come and it was 6:55 a.m.  I jumped off the bike and headed over to let them in.  The only trouble was I didn't know which unit needed work.  Elder Anthony has not been exercising because of this back so I gave him a call and he jumped up and came over.  That took care of my exercise time.  I got ready and did my studying and then headed back.  Elder Anthony never got back to get his shower until we left to go teach.  We left early today because I have been having a swore throat for the past week and decided I should have it checked out to make sure it was not strep.  It wasn't.

We we walked into the temple and the guy at the desk came over to me and told me how much he enjoyed my talk on Sunday.  Walking down the long hall way I had three more people tell me they really enjoyed my talk.  Then up in the dressing room I had a lady tell me she really liked my talk.  After the prayer circle a temple worker that had come in told me how much he enjoyed my talk right there in the middle of the session.  The Stake President had a special letter that he gave me telling me how much he enjoyed my talk.  He also expressed how glad he was that we had been assigned to this area of the mission and he hoped to keep in contact.  His executive secretary also told me how much he like the talk.  He said his three children, the oldest is 11 talked on Sunday about conference and told him their favorite talk was the one about the cows and dog named Pup.  So I was feeling pretty blessed and glad that so many people enjoyed that talk.

I am not sure if it was the guilt trip from that conference talk or I announced we were having homemade bread for a treat but we had 31 show up to class tonight and that is an all time record for us.  That is the new class we started two semesters earlier. We were missing four of our most faithful students.  So that was great.  If that were to keep up we would need a new room to meet in. What ever it was I hope we will see them again but I won't hold my breath.  The president of our class brought me flowers for my birthday that was last week and had the students sign a card.  They were so sweet.

Pretty flowers from our institute students.



We are starting to get in the new furniture for our new foyer.  

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a job well done -- your talk. That entry is so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome that people still remember your message. The Barlow Center looks so different!

    ReplyDelete