The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Monday, July 25, 2016

Air Conditioners

Trane may never get our business.  The Barlow has four or five huge air conditioners to cool the building and the student rooms.  If you follow this blog you notice that we are having problems with them all the time.  Yesterday two just shut down.  Elder Anthony climbs up a ladder onto the roof and resets them and we cross our figures that they will respond.  We are in a heat wave right now and you couldn't survive without air-conditioning.  Every time the repair man comes out they are working and he cannot find the problem.  It is so maddening.  Today one went down that went down yesterday at 3.  We were so happy because it was work hours and the students were still working.  Elder Anthony called and the lady was not workable at all.  She was saying it would be after hours call.  Elder Anthony was so mad and reminded her we are still under warranty.  He went up and reset the unit and sent out some scalding emails.  At 5 they called back and said they had someone to come out.  It just so happened that another unit had gone down and we were thrilled to have him come when it was not working.  Elder Anthony was given a time frame when he would be there.  The guy came about 7:30 and it was after 10:30 before Elder came home and the guy was done.  While he was working on the unit another one that has never shut down went down right while he was there.  What a blessing for us to have him see it happen.  I don't know the out come but maybe they can see what is happening or figure this problem out because it needs to be fixed once and for all.

Our maintenance lady has been struggling.  She is pregnant and is very high risk.  She has had to miss so many days.  Friday her feet were so swollen that she couldn't fit them into shoes and she was swollen all over.  I told her to go home and call the doctors.  We are very concerned about her. She has already lost a baby several years ago when she was pregnant due to preeclampsia.   Her blood pressure is really high and she is boarding on diabetes. I think they are going to put her on bed rest.   She is 40 and not in good shape.  I am really worried about her and I realize that is going to put a lot more responsibility on our shoulders to try and fill in for her.  I really don't know what the new couple will do because she knows how everything works in the building. Elder Anthony has really taken over the management of the building especial with all the new projects and we know the routine but we will have to switch hats from being teachers to labors.  So we are in a difficult situation.

Our Monday class went well and we had 13 in attendance which is a record for that class.  We got a fun picture from Lisa today.  She found our book in Costco.  I am starting to hear of from people that have bought it.



Here is a comment I got from one of our Thursday Moms.  "I started reading your book today. I've only read the first two chapters so far but I wanted to let you know of the huge impact it is already having on me. You can feel Heavenly Father's immense love for each one of us through each story that was shared. It also reminded me of a very touching moment in my life on the day I received my endowment. I'm so excited to keep reading and to continue to learn."   

I also got an email today from Ted Gibbon telling me that he found that my LDS Living article had been translated into Spanish.  So that is exciting.   

5 comments:

  1. That's too bad about your air-conditioners...especially when its so hot!! We have a Trane at our lake house & so far its worked O.K.
    Hope you can get everything squared away before you have to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting that your book is available at Costco. that will give it a huge audience. I am still reading Mama's copy but now I can go out and get copies for all my children. I didn't want to buy it online unless that was the only way to purchase. It is VERY GOOD!! good luck with the AC problems. DC's heat wave even made the nightly news last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with everything. Hopefully someone can replace that lady, that's tough. Exciting to see your book at costco! We got our copy, Justin read it already and I plan on reading it also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those air conditioners are giving you a lot of extra work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those air conditioners are ridiculous! I will never buy one from them! I am so excited about your book!

    ReplyDelete