The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Call the Ambulance/ We Are Thankful for a prophet

We started our day off helping out a neighbor in distress. Our neighbor who is 94 needed help.  We were just coming down the hall after exercising and walking by Lillies door and we hear pounding on the door and Lillie calling out help me, help me I have broken my hip.  Elder Anthony stayed by the door and told her we are coming to help you.  I ran down to the front desk and got the pass key and told the front desk to call an ambulance.  When I opened the door Lillie was laying by the door without clothes.  She was going to get in the shower when her hip gave out.  I helped her get dressed and get her insurance cards and hearing aids.  It seemed like quite a long time before the ambulance arrived but they finally came.  They told her right off that they thought that her hip was out of place but not broken.  She is in the hospital for the next couple of days.  We will try and go see her tomorrow.  It is a blessing that it was dislocated and not broken.  I am glad that we heard her and was there at the right time.  I am sure she was glad that it was me that came in and not the men at the front desk.

We got to the temple today after getting in a few hours of work at the Barlow.  We taught our students at the Stake Center tonight.  We had 27 in attendance.  Our lesson was on Religious Freedom.  We didn't even get to Elder Anthony's lesson.  This is a topic of high interest for these young people that are facing delicate situations.  I am grateful that I have been able to do a lot of extra reading and studying on the topic.  I am so grateful for leaders that have the wisdom and knowledge to teach us how to respond and to remind us to be Christ like in all our actions.  My testimony of the importance of having prophets to guide us has been strengthened and I know that they are inspired and have been raised up for such a time.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you guys heard her! That is so scary! Your neighbors are really going to miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, poor lady. I bet she's glad you heard her and helped her.

    ReplyDelete