The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Having a Hard time staying awake.

The plight of a beggar is a hard life.  Last night a man walked up to Elder Anthony and said I just got out of the shelter and I need money to buy deodorant and shampoo.  Elder Anthony said lets go and I will buy them for you.  He said I don't have time I have to catch the next train.  Elder Anthony said so do I and the man walked away shaking his head.

Are we all not beggars.  We have requested an adjustment on our medicare withdrawal because they have been taking too much.  We took the paper work down the first part of Feb.  and we still haven't heard from them or been notified but they have continued to take the larger amount of money. So this morning we arrived at the social security office three minutes past opening and waited in a long line.  It took nearly two hours but we got the right person and he took care of it right there.  I wonder why they didn't do that back in Feb.

We spent the rest of the day working at the Barlow or doing laundry.  We have a saying if you don't sleep well one night you will the next.  I only slept a few hours last night so I hope tonight will be a winner.

I love the beautiful trees in DC.  These trees are looking beautiful. They come in white, purple, and pink.   

3 comments:

  1. Those trees are crepe myrtle, Cari's favorite tree in Florida. She planted a couple at her former house. They are beautiful and do come in many colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just need your bed back

    ReplyDelete