The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Sabbath is a Delight

I have mentioned this before but it is easy to keep the Sabbath day holy.  We were at church for 5 hours. That counts our travel time.  I made dinner and Elder Anthony made a key for the Barlow for our new mission president. We were eating and one of our institute students came over for a blessing so we had her sit down and eat with us.  After the blessing we headed to the fireside by the temple were our new mission president and his wife were speaking.  They are a wonderful couple and will bring a new dimension to our mission.

We have been here long enough now that all the sister missionaries that were here are gone and a lot that we remember coming out are going home.  My student that I taught at Timpview goes home this week and I can remember seeing her for the first time it seems like yesterday.  All the couple missionaries have turned over.  So we are starting to feel like the old timers for sure.  We don't know the other couples very well but it is strange that we are the old ones here and I can remember when we were the greenies.

Trina and CC called me 15 minutes before we left for the fireside to ask me what I thought about integrity.  They were working on personal progress.  I gave them a quote I remember from Pres. McKay.  He said it was better to be trusted than to be loved.

We got home from the fireside at 9:30 and got to face time Crystal's family.  So it has been a delight some day.

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote by President McKay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good quote. Thanks for talking with them, you always have such good insight.

    ReplyDelete