The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Friday, July 8, 2016

Two days of work

We got two days of work done today.  We ran a mission of mercy today for our BYU professor to the Belarus Embassy.  He needs to get a Visa to stop in the country and they only do Visa's from 9:30 in the morning until 12:30 and he was busy with his class.  We were not successful getting the Visa but we got the information he needed.  We will try again on Monday morning before we go teach.

Elder Anthony spent the day putting out firers for others.  I worked on my lesson and entertained students.   When they go by my office they often will stop in.  Kimmey came by and ate lunch at the Barlow and visited with me.

We also had a little reception for Ann upstairs for her birthday.  She informed us that she is retiring in two weeks.  That is the third employee to leave public affairs in the past two months.  They also had a young girl that worked for two weeks from England.  She leaves to go home tonight.  She was staying with Lance's, the director of public affair, daughter.  I was asked to write an article for LDS Living to promote my book.  I worked on that today as well.  Lydia taught Mike's Friday class and had left over Subway sandwiches.  So we helped eat them.  That took care of dinner.  So when we got home we could get right to work.  We got the laundry done and I cleaned the master bedroom really well.  I pulled out the bed and did the windows, baseboards,  and blinds so I am swore tonight.  We got the rest of the condo cleaned as well.

Elder Anthony got to talk to our new mission president to get the okay to go with our student to Gettysburg tomorrow.  It almost feels like we had to separate days.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your article in LDS Living! That is awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete