The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

457

I have fed 457 people in the past 2 years.  That doesn't count the lunch class that we did each week.  We fed 338 to 342 today at the condo.  The other 115 we fed at the Barlow either between conference sessions, Thanksgiving or a special home evening.

Today we wanted to try and use up some of our food so we asked our co-workers and those in public affairs to come over for lunch today.  It was fun getting together and I only had to buy a gram cracker crust and a watermelon.  Other than that we had everything else here.  We had a beef and pork roast, string bean casserole, corn bread, Rice a roni, water melon, and blueberry cheese cake.  It turned out well and it was really fun together for one last time.

After I got things cleaned up I went back to the Barlow to work.  I took the last two piece of pie to have someone at the Barlow eat it but on the way I bumped into a homeless lady that hangs around this area.  I really like her.  She never begs but we have told her if she is ever hungry to come and we will find her something.  She has only done that a couple of times.  She is a really nice lady.  I asked her if she would like the cheese cake and she did so I gave them to her. When I got to the Barlow to work  I didn't have much energy left so I wasn't as effective as I should have been.  We worked until 6 and then we were too tired to stay longer.  We were glad to come home and just do a few odd jobs.

4 comments:

  1. It's going to be tough to cook for two when you return:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Have I done any good in the world today?" Check!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can't believe you have cooked for that many people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of people to have fed. I'm sure they are all grateful for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete