The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Stake President

We contacted our Stake President in Orem to notify him that we would not be coming directly home when we left Washington DC.  We wanted him to be able to decide if he wanted to release us when we left or when we got home.  He said when you leave the mission field I want you released.  So we have an appointment for both of us to talk to him on August 31 to be released.  He said I will still expect you to report to me when you get home.  It seems we move closer and closer to the reality that our time is running out.

We were a little sad today.  A young man that was baptized from China almost a year ago brought a young lady to church and the missionaries have been teaching her.  She was suppose to be baptized today after church but she is feeling a little unsure so it has been temporarily delayed.  We were so looking forward to seeing Irvan baptized this beautiful young lady.  But hopefully it will happen before we leave.  Our Sunday school class enjoyed the brownies we had brought for the baptism. In our welcome class I kept looking at this young man.  When he introduced himself he said he was from all over but claimed California as home.  I knew that he had been one of my seminary students.  So after the class I went to him and said did you go to high school at Timpview High in Provo.  He said yes.  I said I was your seminary teacher.  He immediately recognized me and we had our little reunion. He said I wondered why you kept looking at me.   It is fun to meet your past students all over the US.

Today it was so hot that there was no desire to go outside.  It was 99 with a heat index of 108.  Elder Anthony had one of the air conditioners go down and I told him not to worry about it because no one is over there but he didn't want hot air blowing into the building.  As he was leave the condo we had a cloud burst and the water was just pouring down for about 20 minutes.  That is a perfect set up for a sauna.  Ninty nine degrees and water and you have a true sauna.  Wow that is hot.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It makes me grateful that I am in Rexburg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad, hope she will get baptized. The weather sounds not very much fun.

    ReplyDelete