The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Thursday, August 4, 2016

The Last Reception

It is a busy time as the students get ready to finish up class work and start checking out. By Monday we should have all of them gone.  We started off our day at an appointment downtown.  The office building had a beautiful lobby with a gigantic American flag.




This is the new Trump hotel being remodeled from an Old Post office. The building is so beautiful.  I hope this is as close to the White House as Donald Trump gets.   

I can't remember what this building is but I really like it.  
As soon as the appointment was over we headed to Safeway.  I told Professor Mecham that I would help him with a reception tonight for Near Eastern Studies.  BYU flew in a professor and he ordered the main course catered.  I did a huge spinach salad with caramelized pecans and strawberries and homemade rolls.  I came home and baked for the fourth day in a row.

We headed over to the Barlow to help Professor Mecham with this reception.  This should be the last one of these that we have to help with.  We walked out at 10:15 and he would like us back to show him how to do check outs at 7:30 in the morning.  One of the attendees tonight was one of our interns from last semester.


I guess it is official.  We received in the mail today the reimbursement money for us to return home.

3 comments:

  1. That sure is a cute picture of you both with Dylan. He is a great guy. Hope he finds his eternal companion soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that's as close as Trump gets too.

    ReplyDelete