The Journey to Freedom

The Journey to Freedom

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Washington DC

This was our last time to go to the Washington DC temple.  We have loved going every week except the weeks they are closed.  The temple closes on Saturday for two months.We will be gone before it is open again.  Elder Anthony has served as a veil worker on the sessions we attended. In fact I got him today.   He was released today when he told them we would be leaving.  One of our old interns Kimmy met us at the temple today and went through  the session with us.  I love that beautiful temple.  I never get tired of driving up to the temple.  It always takes my breath away.






We grabbed a quick lunch and came home and changed our clothes and went to work at the Barlow.  We worked until about 6:30 tonight.  We could work all night we have so many things that need to get done.

Kimmy showed up for root beer before she headed to work.  It was a quick break. We have had some interesting flavors.



I got the great idea that we would invited our staff over to the condo for lunch tomorrow so I could use up some food.  My goal was not to buy anything to go with the meal just use stuff we had.  We are having BBQ beef roast, Mexican corn bread, string-bean casserole, and cheese cake with blueberry sauce.  I only had to buy a gram cracker crust.

4 comments:

  1. Tell Kimmy hello from the Claytons. Thanks her for taking good care of you. Tell her to stay out of the sun because you get so hot you feel faint. She'll remember Lacish in Israel and know what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DC is still my favorite temple after going there for 3 yrs when we lived in VA. It feels like home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful temple! I'm glad I got to attend a session there with you.

    ReplyDelete